Pain in the groin area in women can occur for various reasons. You should not turn a blind eye to this problem, as this may be a sign of other, more serious diseases.
Those women who exercise at a professional level are most at risk of groin pain in women. In this case, the problem does not require medical intervention, since it is considered quite natural.
But it is worth remembering that not always the problems that are associated with groin pain can be harmless. Therefore, you need to think about contacting a doctor.
Causes of groin pain in women
According to medical statistics, most often, groin pain in women occurs due to the development of infection in the pelvic organs and genitourinary system, and is also often caused by the peculiarities of the menstrual cycle.
Suffering can be caused by inguinal hernia, inflamed lymph nodes, ectopic pregnancy, kidney stones, cystic formations, and injuries. Diseases of various organs and systems of the body can provoke painful sensations in the groin area.
So, pain in the groin in women on the right or left is caused by such diseases:
1.Often, groin pain in women is noted in inflammatory diseases of the female genital area – oophoritis, salpingitis. In this case, general malaise is observed, the temperature rises, and the stomach is painful on palpation.
2. Kidney or ureter stones. If attacks of pain in the groin on the left or right in women occur suddenly, and their duration reaches several minutes or hours, then this is a syndrome of renal colic.
3. Intestinal pathologies of various kinds (intestinal obstruction, diverticulitis, flatulence, cancer of the rectum, colon, or sigmoid colon). In this case, the patient is concerned about vomiting, bloating, diarrhea, fever, constipation.
4. Inguinal pain in women can also occur due to trauma (a bruised hip, for example), herpes, proptosis (this is a disease that deforms the anterior wall of the peritoneum), colliculitis.
5. If a sharp pain is felt when feeling the lower abdomen, this can signal very serious problems, for example, rupture of an ovarian cyst or torsion of its legs. In this case, pain in the groin on the right in women can also resemble a clinical picture similar to appendicitis.
6. With an ectopic pregnancy, or rather with its special form. This is when a fertilized egg is attached to the inner wall of the tube. The pains at the beginning are not strong, then, as pregnancy progresses, they become more pronounced and unbearable. Bloody discharge joins.
7. The ovulation process is accompanied by the release of the follicle egg. In this case, a woman can feel pain in the inguinal region, on the left or on the right.
8. If you notice an increase in lymph nodes, then you have an infection in your body: sexually transmitted diseases, inflammation of the genitourinary organs. They are not difficult to determine, since the lymph nodes, if there is inflammation, hurt, and sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis, in the initial stage proceed painlessly, only increasing the nodes, veins.
As you can see, there are a lot of causes of groin pain in women on the left or right, so in each case only a urologist or gynecologist can determine it, after a full examination in a hospital.
After a medical examination, the doctor prescribes an ultrasound, according to the results of which the cause of the disease is identified, and treatment is prescribed. In order to determine if you have an infection, you need to do a laboratory blood test.
Groin pain in a woman during pregnancy
During pregnancy, a woman’s body is subjected to tremendous stress due to ongoing changes. Therefore, pregnant women often complain of pain in various parts of the body – the back, lower abdomen and groin. Their appearance in the inguinal region is due to the following reasons:
- the relaxation of cartilage and ligaments under the action of hormones produced during pregnancy;
- the pressure of the growing fetus on the pelvic region and the divergence of the pubic joint;
- sprains, which the uterus attaches to the walls of the pelvis;
- increased muscle tone;
- lack of calcium in the body.
Another physiological cause leading to pain in the groin is constipation. During pregnancy, hormonal changes in the body, in particular an increase in the hormone progesterone, leads to a decrease in intestinal motility, which causes a woman to develop constipation.
With constipation, a woman has a feeling of discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen on the left, groin and rectum. Also, a pregnant woman has flatulence, sleep disturbance and a decrease in appetite.
Pain before menstruation
In young girls and nulliparous women, before menstruation, pain in the groin can occur regularly. They are usually associated with hormonal deficiency. Many people prefer to cope with this kind of pain with the help of analgesic drugs, but this is justified if the pain is not very strong and does not affect the general well-being.
If the pain in the groin before menstruation is strong enough, you need to consult a specialist.
To avoid pain in the groin, you need to lead a healthy lifestyle. In this case, you need to carefully review your drinking regimen. It is necessary to timely identify and treat foci of infection in the body. Sexual contact is always protected by a condom.