Caring for an unborn child begins long before his birth – this is the essence of conception planning. One of its goals is to prepare the female body for the onset of pregnancy: to put health in order, eliminate the deficiency of vitamins and minerals, and psychologically tune in to bearing a child. When planning, it is worth considering the conditions in which the pregnancy will proceed, including taking into account the time of the year, and try to choose a convenient time for conception. Please note that childbirth will take place in the season preceding the one in which conception occurred: for example, if pregnancy occurred in early summer, then the baby will be born in the spring.
What is the best time of the year for conceiving a child?
- Spring is the time when our hormonal system literally wakes up. It may be easier to get pregnant than in winter or fall.
- It’s warm outside, but not yet hot, so you can walk a lot: moderate physical activity is extremely important for the expectant mother.
In warm weather, early toxicosis is easier to tolerate due to the acceleration of metabolism and improved circulation of fluid in the body.
- Spring for allergy sufferers is the most problematic time of the year: tree pollen, flowering plants, a lot of dust, etc. Therefore, it is better for women prone to allergies to plan conception and pregnancy so that they do not fall in the spring.
- In the spring, most women are faced with vitamin deficiency: a lack of vitamins and minerals will primarily affect the formation and development of the fetus, as well as the health of the expectant mother. By the way, a deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals can cause problems with the fertilization of the egg. Therefore, if you are planning to conceive in the spring, you should take specialized vitamin and mineral complexes for women who are preparing for pregnancy.
- This time of the year is considered by many to be optimal for conception. Seasonal vegetables and fruits, greens, berries are available, which means that it is easier for a woman to get adequate nutrition, there is less risk of vitamin deficiency, which is especially important in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Beautiful nature, warm days create a comfortable psychological environment. According to statistics, it is in the summer that a person experiences the least stress. This is due to the large amount of sun and vitamin D, long daylight hours, and a comfortable temperature. Keep in mind that vitamin D is responsible for the optimal level of calcium and phosphorus in the body, participates in the formation of the fetal skeleton, and controls the production of placental hormones.
- In hot weather, you are thirsty all the time, which contributes to an increase in edema (they occur in 50–80% of pregnant women).
- Most pregnant women experience sleep problems, which are exacerbated by the heat.
These problems are especially acute in the last trimester, therefore, if a woman does not tolerate heat well, it is better to calculate so as to avoid pregnancy in the summer, or, conversely, the first trimester fell in the summer months.
- Autumn is harvest time, which means that there will be no deficiency of minerals and vitamins that are found in vegetables and fruits. But keep in mind that not all vitamins necessary for a mother and an unborn child are contained in plant products.
- In warm, but not hot weather, many people feel comfortable. A woman is more often in the fresh air and moves more: metabolic processes, the state of the cardiovascular and nervous systems improve.
- In autumn, the number of cloudy days increases dramatically, which negatively affects the emotional state. In addition, vitamin D deficiency may begin.
- In autumn, the likelihood of getting sick with ARVI increases. Considering that many remedies for the treatment of colds are contraindicated for expectant mothers, it will be necessary to especially carefully consider preventive measures. It will not be superfluous to start taking vitamin and mineral complexes with Omega-3, vitamins E and C, which play an important role in the immune system, from the second half of autumn.
- Late sunrises promote good sleep as more melatonin is produced, a hormone that controls circadian rhythms.
- In winter, there are many healthy seasonal fruits: pomegranates, persimmons, tangerines and oranges.
- Winter is the ARVI season. If you plan for conception and the first trimester at this time, then you should think as much as possible about the lifestyle and measures of protection against flu and colds: in the first three months, the embryo is very sensitive to the effects of infections. To minimize the risk of SARS and influenza, you will have to refuse to visit crowded places.
- In winter, the risk of injury due to icy conditions increases dramatically. And for a pregnant woman, it is extremely undesirable to fall, no matter how small the period may be. Falling may result in termination of pregnancy or injury.
- If the last months of pregnancy are in the winter, prepare for new spending. You will have to at least purchase warm outerwear, since the belly will hardly fit into the usual jacket or fur coat. Due to edema, many women have to buy larger winter shoes and, of course, without heels.
As you can see, it is difficult to name the best time of the year for conceiving and bearing a child. Most doctors consider the end of summer or the beginning of autumn to be the best time for conception, but each season has its own pros and cons. Remember that for a successful conception and pregnancy, regardless of the time of the year, you need to follow the doctor’s recommendations, avoid stress, and take care of yourself.