The diagnosis is made if large volumes of blood are released from the uterine cavity. These discharge is erratic and prolonged. In most cases, they do not pose a threat to life, but worsen the general state of health. Uterine bleeding indicates that a serious malfunction has occurred in the body.
Is uterine bleeding dangerous
Only during menstruation, spotting from the vagina is considered normal. It lasts 3-7 days, the blood volume for the entire period does not exceed 80 ml. The length of the menstrual cycle is 21–35 days. If the discharge becomes abundant and goes beyond the norm, we are talking about a pathological condition. All types of bleeding from the uterus are dangerous, therefore, when they appear, an appeal to a gynecologist is mandatory. An ambulance must be called if the girl or woman has to change the pads more than once every 1-1.5 hours. Danger of uterine bleeding:
- the development of iron deficiency anemia, which leads to dizziness, fainting, weakness, pallor of the skin;
- lowering blood pressure;
- exacerbation of an external pathology, a sign of which was bleeding;
- the risk of miscarriage during pregnancy,
- spontaneous abortion;
- difficulty stopping severe bleeding, the need for surgical intervention with removal of the uterus.
Causes of Uterine Bleeding
Bloody discharge appears due to autoimmune diseases, genital pathologies, hormonal disruptions. The main groups of reasons:
- extragenital – caused by disturbances in the work of system organs;
- genital – accompany diseases and dysfunctions of the genital organs;
- associated with hormonal changes: puberty, pregnancy, menopause.
Prolonged discharge of blood can talk about serious pathologies in the female body. Extragenital causes of uterine bleeding:
- infectious diseases: influenza, typhoid fever, measles, sepsis;
- circulatory system diseases: hemophilia, hemorrhagic vasculitis, thrombocytopenia, leukemia, autoimmune diseases, increased fibrinolysis;
- impaired liver function, reducing the synthesis of coagulation factors of the blood, impairing the metabolism of estrogen and blood coagulation potential;
- malfunctions of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, pituitary gland;
- urethral prolapse;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system: atherosclerosis, hypertension;
- mental and physical overwork, stress, climate change, vitamin deficiency;
- professional acute and chronic poisoning.
Vaginal bleeding is more often associated with diseases of the genital organs. Genital causes of pathology:
- uterine diseases: polyps, endometriosis, endometritis, cancer of the uterus;
- ovarian diseases: dysfunction, benign tumors, cyst, inflammation, cancer;
- diseases of the cervix: erosion, dysplasia, cancer; female genital tuberculosis;
- taking inappropriate oral contraceptives;
- mechanical damage to the uterus.
Causes of bleeding in pregnant women
In the normal course of pregnancy, there should be no red or brown vaginal discharge. The appearance of blood is an occasion to consult a gynecologist. Causes of uterine bleeding during the period of gestation:
- the attachment of a fetal egg in the uterine cavity – implantation;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- pathology of the ovum;
- presentation, low fetal location, placental abruption;
- uterine scar microtrauma;
- uterine rupture during childbirth;
- infringement or delay of the departed afterbirth;
- the threat of miscarriage, a frozen pregnancy;
- uterine fibroids.
How to stop uterine bleeding at home
Extremely dangerous blood loss for pregnant women. If the uterine discharge is abundant, you need to improve the condition of the woman at home before the arrival of an ambulance or medical appointment:
- The patient should lie down and relax, put her legs just above body level.
- A cold heating pad should be applied to the stomach. In order not to harm, take a 5-minute break every 15 minutes.
- A woman needs to drink a lot of clean water, herbal tea, dried fruit compote, fruit drinks. A nettle broth gives a good effect.
- You can not warm the body, take drugs that reduce the uterus, do douching.